YES! We all love the Holiday season. Here we are right upon Thanksgiving, and before you know it, Christmas will be here. That means relatives coming in town, or you going out of town to visit them. It also comes with the extra stress of decorating, cleaning, school parties, grocery shopping, gift buying, etc, etc. The fact is, we love our families – we love the Holidays, but we still have our jobs, our kids and our day to day lives that don’t stop either, so then we find ourselves STRESSED. So what happens when we get stressed? Some people experience breakouts, hormone changes, etc. Stress releases a hormone called Cortisol. We’ve all heard about that little guy by now. Too much cortisol can cause bloating, weight gain and it’s toxic. So what can we do to stay calm under the Holiday Hussle?
- Give yourself a break – Everything doesn’t have to be perfect. I have been so guilty of trying to have everything all “Martha Stewart” but actually find that most family and friends don’t care if your food or décor is perfect. They just like being around you. Remember that. Do the best you can and move on.
- Take time for yourself – This one may sound near impossible, but I promise you, it will be worth it. Come in for a Spa treatment. Give yourself 60 minutes to close your eyes, listen to the relaxing sounds and let your esthetician do her magic at Castle Bridge Spa. Everybody has an hour!
- Try something new – Listen to your skin care professional. Listen to her recommendations and then leave feeling amazing! Try Dermaplaning if you always get Microderm. Add a chemical peel for that extra glow, or blue LED light to kill bacteria in that stressed out breakout on your face.
- Try Aromatherapy – YES YES YES!!!! Try Lavender on your pillow at night to help you sleep. It works wonders, trust me. Or put some Tea Tree oil on those blemishes at night to see a more clear complexion the next morning. Lemon oil will help energize you first thing in the mornings! Rub a few drops on your wrists, inhale and get going! Who needs coffee?
- MAKE YOURSELF A PRIORITY – Yes, I know………I’ve heard every excuse in the book for why you can’t come in once a month to take care of yourself. The fact of the matter is you have to MAKE yourself a priority. You will be a better wife, friend, co-worker, mom if you are not burnt out. That’s right, we all get burnt out. That’s when we need a “re-set”. Coming in to get your facial, body wrap or back treatment is taking that little bit of time and inhaling love for yourself. You will leave re-charged and ready to conquer your world again.
Enjoy your season and come see Castle Bridge Spa soon!!!